HM Revenue and Customs Update

Here at Valued, we thought we would share some important updates with you regarding HM Revenue and Customs, especially with the tax return deadline approaching rapidly.

​Payments to HM Revenue and Customs.

From 13 January 2018, HM Revenue and Customs will no longer accept payments from a personal credit card. This applies to Self Assessment, VAT, Corporation Tax and Pay As You Earn. This is a response to credit card surcharges within the United Kingdom. Anyone who tries to pay their bill using a personal credit card will have their payment declined. As an alternative, you may pay via bank transfer or debit card.

From 15 December 2017, you will no longer be able to make a payment to HM Revenue and Customs via the Post Office. This is because HMRC has not renewed their contract with Santander, which allows this service.

Paper SA302’s from HM Revenue and Customs.A few of our clients have requested SA302’s, unfortunately, we cannot request these from HM Revenue and Customs anymore. This is not personal to any client, just a regulation HMRC have put in place.

From 4 September 2017 HMRC stopped issuing paper copies of SA302’s directly to the agents, including accountants and bookkeepers. As an alternative to SA302’s, a tax calculation and tax year overview can be requested from your accountant. HMRC have been working very closely with multiple mortgage providers and lenders to update this process and ensure the lenders and providers will accept printed copies. It is always worth checking with your lender or provider to see what they will accept as proof of income. However, if you submit your tax return, and need your tax year overviews you will have to wait 72 hours before being able to view online via HMRC online portal.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact any one of us here at Valued, via phone 01207 502145 or email wecare@yourvalued.co.uk.

This blog post was originally posted on our old website.